New IT position in downtown Chicago.
Our mission: we are revolutionizing the brick and mortar retail world with innovative products that fuel their success. Our path forward includes active exploration of IoT, Computer Vision, Machine (Deep) Learning and other technologies. We believe this is a thrilling journey and providing clarity on our future and empowering people to do their best work is the key to our success. We are inspired by people who are passionate, curious and want to push the envelope on innovation. Around here, our motto is "build great stuff" that helps solve problems for our customers and great things will follow.
Who You Are:
You are someone who takes pride in your work, seeks order in chaos, and wants the opportunity to work with your like-minded individuals. You are a leader, not a follower,with an innovative spirit who wants to collaborate with a team of brilliant minds in our quest to build brilliant products.
What You'll Do:
The Database Architect will participate in the database design, database/schema security design, tuning, and maintenance of complex databases. They will engage in planning meetings with database developers, database administrators, scrum masters, product analysts and other team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution. The level of work required is considered advanced and staff must be able to work under minimal supervision. Responsibilities include:
* Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
* Create and define a Data Model for all Corporate customer data (including reference data) which will include all database technologies used by the Corp (Oracle, Cassandra, Mongo, RedShift, MySQL, etc.)
* Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
* Suggest strategic direction, standards for procedures and policies as they relate to database systems architecture.
* Develop database architectural strategies at the modeling, design and implementation stages to address business or industry requirements.
* Outline high level integrated designs to meet data requirements
* Align the data requirements with enterprise strategy and related business architecture.
* Develop data models for applications, metadata tables, views or related database structures
* Develop, build, and document database architectures
* Create and enforce database development standards.
* Collaborate with system architects, software architects, design analysts, and others to understand business or industry requirements.
* Provide mentoring to junior staff.
* Design database systems to be implemented according to the goals, needs and objectives.
* Establish industry best practices and architectures as a framework for others to follow.
* Assess requirements of technology projects to determine how it will fit into the existing infrastructure.
* Prepare and publish architectural design documentation.
* Interact with other teams to ensure requirements are understood and translated into technical solutions.
* Participate with Database Developers in on-call rotation.
* Conduct research on emerging technologies to support changes within the database environment.
What You Need:
* BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
* 7+ Years database experience.
* Excellent understanding of Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs) and the translation of business requirements into them.
* Strong data modeling and design skills.
* Experience in large data environments with highly performant, highly scalable solutions.
* Experience with data migration and ETL tools.
* Experience with Unix/Linux operating environments as well as shell scripts.
* Ability to work in a team with highly motivated people.
* Data Analysis
* Data Modeling
* Data Integration
* Database management and design
* Knowledge of release management and revision/version control practices and procedures.
* Strong debugging and technical troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects concurrently.
* A proactive approach to problem solving and decision-making.
* Demonstrates strong written and oral communication abilities
* Organizational skills
* Strong attention to detail.
* Team Player-Work effectively as part of a team including database developers, database administrators, data analysts and management
* Collaborate effectively with other Technology teams
Benefits & Perks:
* Full, superb benefits plan including medical, dental, life insurance, short/long-term disability, transit benefits, and more
* Unrivaled 401k plan with employer match and 100 percent vesting on match starting at 3 months
* Amazing "Green" office with high tech vibe in fantastic location with superb views. We have writable walls, open collaboration zones and enclosed "I need to think" spaces with incredible tech tools
* Food and fun flows freely with bagel Fridays and monthly happy hours with nacho bar, tacos, beer, etc. We also have regular offsite team building/fun events with bowling and arcades as a good example of how we chill
* Rewards and recognition are critical to everyone and we deliver with performance-based bonus, salary and recognition awards. We also have a Brag Wall, because we like to give a shout out when someone does great work
* R&R is important and we provide vacation, personal/sick, company paid holidays and 3 float holidays
* We love the community we live and work in with many charity avenues that employees can participate in to 'give back'
Serving Moroccan Community with Pride !